Who, me?

27 May 2013

Book Review: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa


books,ebook,novels,eat read shop
From Goodreads: "Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally. Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike."

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa 
Series: Blood of Eden, #2
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Supernatural, Paranormal, Dystopia, Post Apocalyptic
My rating: 1 out of 5 stars
I loved The Immortal Rules. I thought it was a refreshing spin on the modern vampire tale. Allison Sekemoto has easily joined the ranks as one of my favorite heroines. I devoured it in one sitting. Well not exactly, it was more like four days but you know what I mean, unputdownable. That it took me almost a month to finish the second book bums me out. I thought there was an awful lot of rehashing from the first book. That was well and good for those who have not read the previous book but I read it just a couple of months ago so Allison's frequent trip down memory lane bored me silly. I also felt like time, as I have very precious little, could have been better spent in character development. I would have loved to have seen more how certain characters got from point A, where we left them off in the first book, to point B, where we pick them up in the second book, instead of them appearing seemingly out of nowhere. And finally, unless Sarren dies prematurely in the next book, facing the same enemy over again, after everything they've been through, just sounds exhausting to me. I didn't understand "Mr Stephen", I don't get his motivations or has he always just been such an ass? Zeke and Allison romance - I didn't buy it. Kanin was mostly absent. And Allie? I really loved her in the first novel but here, she was too busy with her inner monologues to notice I was losing interest. Call me crazy but the only character I did like was Jackal. I know a lot of you guys loved this book but I must've missed something or Julie Kagawa may just be paving the way for a spectacular book three, I don't know,  I guess I'll have to wait and see.

No comments: